Monday, February 16, 2009

More of me at Target!


Me again! I was in Target tonight, and noticed the American Greetings Easter/St.Patty's Day paraphernalia :~)

I found these stickers of mine....but didn't see what I was hoping for: frog stickers. Maybe they're in your Target, maybe not this year. I'm told the distribution varies between stores. ???

There ARE clay leprechaun cards out now, but they were done by another sculptor. (I think it was Teresa Vargas at AG? --she's amazingly talented!!)

...Classy mini-blinds photo, huh? hehe.


Here are my beginning brainstorming/sketches on these stickers. Sometimes I write things down that I overhear or want to remember as I sketch....and then have no idea what they were about later!


So, this is COMPLETELY out of my comfort zone... but on request, here is my in-progress sculpt right now. Blocking in the main colors (under-painting?) is no fun for me; I really like adding all the finishing details. This is the basic sculpt before adding the fun stuff!

If you're wondering why all those chunks of colors are out, but NOT in my sculpt--- I try to figure out where I want my color scheme to go by picking out certain colors & seeing how they look next to each other. Here, I'm looking for a good combination for the birds/flowers. Greens-vs-purples? Greens-vs-reds & oranges? Still deciding.

4 comments:

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Congrats on the stickers! They are adorable.

Marjorie said...

Wow! My kids would love those stickers! I love seeing your sketches of them...and thanks for sharing your sculpts progress too. I think that it already looks pretty great! I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.

Emma said...

I've just discovered your fascinating blog.

It's really interesting to see how this piece was developed from the sketches.

Anonymous said...

Bravo, is simply excellent idea